Welcome

My name is Ashley Marie. I am a 39 year old transwoman. I am the father of a 5 year old that is from a 11 year marriage. I am currently going through a divorce and custody battle.

I will be using this blog to register the experiences that I have\will have as I go through my transition

Monday, September 10, 2012

The Minds of the Little Ones

I had my son the other day.  He told me that I was in he head.  That made me ask how?  I said "You want me to be a girl"   This upset me.  Where did he get that.  I asked him if I even told him that? he denied that I did.  This would not be a big deal except that there is an issue that is part of the battle to retain my rights.

In the court appointed evaluation,  he told the therapist that "I wanted to buy him a dress"

This was part of a failed attempt to explain how I felt.  I was explain that when I was his age that I wished my parents would buy me a dress.  Of course he did not hear all of that.  

I have learned that I have to be careful of what I tell him.   The way he processes things is different.  I am worried that he is putting things into his head.  I have told him that I love him as a little boy.

Kids minds are like sponges, but mind kid has a filter to go with it.  I still love him more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment